Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Iron Curtain Has Returned, and is Covered in Rainbow Blood



Would you be surprised to know that readers of my blog in Russia are second only to readers here in the United States? At least they were until Russia’s government adopted a federal bill banning the distribution of "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations”. Russia has yet to clarify what constitutes ‘propaganda’, but apparently my blog falls into that category.

Yes. My humble little blog has gone dark to the Russian people. I guess they are afraid that Russian youths will read my words and instantly convert to a life of persecution by society, and prosecution by the government. Wow. I never knew that my words could be so powerful.

First, I have only written one post regarding LGBT issues. Second, this was a post regarding LGBT rights here in the United States. There are many things left to achieve in the United States for gays and lesbians. But I can’t imagine living in a place where violence against homosexuals is not only condoned, but encouraged.

I am sickened and saddened by the governmental discrimination, not to mention the violence that is happening to my LGBT brothers and sisters in Russia.

If I could speak to you I would tell you that you that the rest of the world has not forgotten you. I wish you could read this. I wish I could do more.

В знак солидарности с моими российскими братьями и сестрами

No comments:

Post a Comment